Please Note that Salient VC 4.7.4 ++ requires PHP 5.4 or higher to be running on your server. Please contact your hosting provider to ensure your php version is latest.
There are two methods to Install/Update.
A) Update your Theme via : https://themenectar.ticksy.com/article/3218 .
After that Install/update from the Appearance -> Install Plugins Menu as can be seen below .
B) Without Theme Update ( only Salient version 5.5 or higher) .
- Go to your Downloads page in your ThemeForest profile.
- Locate the Download button next to Salient and click it. Upon clicking the Download button, a dropdown should appear.
- Select Installable WordPress file only from the dropdown to begin downloading a .zip file of Salient itself.
- Once you have downloaded this .zip file to your computer, uncompress it by double-clicking on it. This will reveal an unzipped version of the Salient theme.
- Inside the Salient Theme Folder there is a /plugins folder which contains the js_composer_salient.zip, uncompress it by double-clicking on it. This will reveal an unzipped version of the Salient Visual Composer Plugin .
- Connect to your server via FTP and navigate to your /wp-content/plugins/js_composer_salient directory.
- Drag and drop the uncompressed version of Salient Visual Composer into this directory and ensure that all old files are overwritten.